A credit card rewards system can allow you to dine at fine restaurants, receive free hotel stays and other advantages with just a swipe of your card. Luckily, the most popular hotel chains offer credit cards to encourage guests to relax and stay at their hotel. Below are two of the most popular credit cards that will help you get additional perks and cash back when you enjoy a night at a hotel or use the card at other locations:
CARD #1: Hilton HHonors™Card from American Express
The Hilton HHonors™Card from American Express is a convenient credit card if you prefer to stay at the Hilton when you travel. You can receive 50,000 Hilton HHonors™ bonus points after spending $750 on the card within the first 3 months of card membership. Card members earn seven bonus points for each dollar that goes to eligible purchases made at a Hilton hotel or resort with the card. You can also get five bonus points rewards for every dollar spent at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations. Card members can get three points for other purchases on the card, as long as it follows the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors™. You can also achieve a Silver status with the hotel and resort chain when you get a Hilton HHonors™Card from American Express. Earn a Gold status if you spend $20,000 on eligible purchases with the card in a calendar year.
- There is no annual fee.
- Use the card at the Hilton, restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations.
- Receive Silver status with the Hilton hotel and resort chain when you sign up to get the card.
- The card has a 15.49% to 19.49% APR.
CARD #2: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card has many benefits for its members. The Marriott chain has a wide selection of locations at various price points. You can earn 7,500 bonus points on the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card when you add another authorized user on the account and use the card within the first 3 months from account opening. Card members can also add 80,000 bonus points to their account if you spend $3,000 on purchases within the same time frame. You can achieve Marriott Rewards Silver Elite Status when you receive 15 Elite Credits. Get Elite Credit every time you spend $3,000 on purchases with the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card. Card holders can also enjoy unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get free stays at participating category 1-5 hotel locations every year after your account anniversary date. Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at 4,000 participating Marriott locations. And receive 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, restaurants, and car rental agencies. You can also get 1 point if you use the card at other locations.
- There is no foreign transaction fee.
- You can receive a free night stay at the Marriott at a category 1-5 hotel every year.
- Card members can choose from more than 4,300 locations in 81 countries and territories around the world.
- When you sign up for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card you automatically receive Silver Elite status every year you keep the card, which comes with additional perks and incentives. Silver Elite members get 20% bonus points during hotel stays and a 10% discount on weekend stays at certain locations.
- You can transfer your points to several airline transfer partners and use the card at car rental places and restaurants.
- There is an introductory annual fee of $0 the first year. The fee is $85 after the first year.
- Card members must have excellent credit.
- Rewards only benefit card holders who frequently stay at Marriott hotels and properties
- Marriott points are worth 1 cent each on average, which is lower than some of the credit card’s competitors.